My Mission Yo

I had a mission, once upon a time...It was to attempt all of Pioneer Woman's recipes. I can't. I don't know how she cooks so much. She may be Superwoman?

Whatever I do cook and share with you all that is an original Pioneer Woman recipe I will rate on a scale of 1-5 for "tastiness" and 1-5 for difficulty.

Taste:1-Being "Yuck" & 5- Being "oh my I think I'm in Heaven this is so good"

Difficulty: 1-Being "Luke could cook this." & 5-Being "Uh, may swear off cooking altogether because this was so hard."

Anything else that I cook and share, I will just give a basic review for. I have two small children who I am with ALL DAY LONG, so my reviews are realistic and useful.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Strawberry Orange Muffins

I love these muffins.  My sister first introduced me to these when I was staying with her in California.  They get all of their produce from the farmer's market (jealous much?) and they made these for me one morning.  These are the yummiest little muffins.  I made some yesterday and I had one for dessert last night. 

Strawberry-Orange Muffins
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine

1 1/4 cups halved strawberries
3 T butter, melted
2 t finely grated orange zest
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 t sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine the strawberries, butter, zest and eggs in a blender and process just until mixture is blended.
Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, 1 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Add strawberry mixture and stir just until mixture is moist. Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle muffin batter evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment