My Mission Yo

I had a mission, once upon a time...It was to attempt all of Pioneer Woman's recipes. I can't. I don't know how she cooks so much. She may be Superwoman?

Whatever I do cook and share with you all that is an original Pioneer Woman recipe I will rate on a scale of 1-5 for "tastiness" and 1-5 for difficulty.

Taste:1-Being "Yuck" & 5- Being "oh my I think I'm in Heaven this is so good"

Difficulty: 1-Being "Luke could cook this." & 5-Being "Uh, may swear off cooking altogether because this was so hard."

Anything else that I cook and share, I will just give a basic review for. I have two small children who I am with ALL DAY LONG, so my reviews are realistic and useful.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Monkey Muffins

I made these Monkey Muffins this morning.  I used Grands Jr biscuits and cut them in quarters.  The biscuits come 5 to a can and I filled 6 muffin tins.  I also used a little less butter than the recipe called for.  I wasn't so liberal with the sugar and cinnamon and noticed that you couldn't see any on top once they started to bake so I pulled them out and quickly sprinkled a little more sugar and cinnamon on each then baked them until they were done.  These "muffins" don't take long to cook so don't go too far or you'll over cook them.  Not only are they yummy, but they are perfect individual portion sizes and would probably be awesome for a brunch shower or Sunday School.

Taste- 4.5
Difficulty- 1 (seriously that easy)

Oh, I didn't use the condensed milk.  I can't see how that doesn't make anything even better.  I eat it on sno-cones so I'm not one to knock the sweet milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment